Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dawn of the Zombie Wednesday!


DEAD FRONTIER:

So I played Dead Frontier a whole lot this past week. When I first started, I died, a lot. The game has quite the learning curve, and you aren't given a lot of information at the beginning. But the information is available, if you look for it. There is a very helpful wiki for the game, which will become your best friend while playing. Also, I found that the community is very helpful, don't hesitate to get on the chat system or the forums and ask questions.

Once you get the hang of the game, it can be very addicting and entertaining. It is, however, far from perfect, there are glitches and many things that will disappoint and annoy. That being said the game is still in testing, and being updated quite frequently. As a matter of fact, while I was playing this week, they overhauled the create-a-character and let me re-edit my character. I was tempted to give this game a lower score (a very low one when I kept dying haha) but, I can see that it's only going to keep getting better, and the more I played the more I fell in love with it. So Dead Frontier gets a 4 out of 5, highly recommended for zombie fans and rpg fans everywhere. Play it for yourself (for free!) here: www.deadfrontier.com

Treehouse of Horror XX:

In TreeHouse of Horror XX, the simpsons play homage to zombie movies. In the story, the new Krusty burger turns Springfield into zombies, or what they refer to as "Munchers." Bart is found to be immune, and is Springfield's last chance for survival. One of the funniest quotes in the episode is when Homer is being turned and Lisa says, "Dad... are you becoming a muncher?" and zombie Homer replies, "I think the better brains is, are you brains a brains!" The Simpsons never ceases to amaze me and this is the best Treehouse of Horror story yet.

Check it out for yourself on hulu here: http://www.hulu.com/watch/102955/the-simpsons-treehouse-of-horror-xx


Wishlist Item:

I've been waiting for this game to come out going on 2 years now. It's a card game by the makers of the amazing game, Munchkin (http://www.worldofmunchkin.com) If you know anything about Munchkin, you know that it is a game that heavily parodies, while paying homage to games like Dungeons and Dragons. Well Evil Ted seems to be the same thing, but parodying the Evil Dead series. This game has been listed as "In production" for quite some time now, but it it does ever get finished up and released it should be quite the game for zombie fans and Munchkin fans alike. http://www.sjgames.com/evilted

end

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A new game from Munchkin!!!!!
bah!